The Nigerian Army is the largest component of the Nigerian Armed Forces, and is responsible for land warfare operations. It is governed by the Nigerian Army
Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Short Service Combatant (SSC) Commission officers. The SSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. However, only serving military personnel sponsored to civil institutions by any of the Services of the Armed Forces shall be considered.
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 23 and 27 by January 2021.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to Nigerian Army Standards.
- Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who is either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.