Don't be a victim to scams
Dear all, I have decided to be an antiscam ambassador on business threads of this our noble forum.
Why taking the burden
I realise the scammer that duped me have con many in the past and he is probably duping another gentle guy from our member right now. So, as a humanitarian, I have decided to take a time out of my busy schedule to share this information. Perhaps with time, most of our members would be saved from scammers trick.
What you should know
1. There are trusted xchangers in various business threads
2. There are thieves waiting for you to fall to their trick and do a way with your hard earned money
How to identify the trusted xchangers
1. There are people that have a great reputation in this business here. I will mention few. Knowing them is a step to avoid scammer. However, it's not 100% guarantee, but it's better than not having the list.
Examples of these trusted fellows are:
2. You can take the vouch of at least 5 of the trusted members in order to be able to trust an unknown fellow you wanna deal with
How to identify scam
1. A scammer don't usually write details such as number etc about themselves in their profile
2. They usually offer mouthwatery trade e.g selling bitcoin at 400/$ when others are selling at 450 or 500
3. Their mobile number if typed on google brings out information different from what they tell you
4. Their profile is usually new - few months, a year or 2 years old
5. They usually have little or no posts
6. They are always in a hurry during transaction.
7. They use different names and different accounts
8. Block your number immediately after you transfer money to them
9. They sometime come in the name of religion, calling themselves convenat child of God, commited muslim...blah..blah..blah
10. The greedy scammer engages in legit xchange for some period in order to earn your trust and burst you BIG
11. They send money from bank account different from their name. This is MITM technique beware.
12. They write on the thread false scam story so that you would let your guard down when dealing with them
13. They send customise SMS claiming a trusted member vouch for them or false bank SMS alert
14. They sometime claim they don't have nairaland account in order to protect thier moniker.
15. They sometimes claim they can not quote you because antispam bot bans their username. Don't be fooled
How to prevent yourself
1. Trade with trusted xchanger ONLY - This is not 100% guarantee though, but it's more advisable than blind dealing OR
2. Obtain as many vouch as possible before your deal OR
3. Use ESCROW incase you are trading with less trusted fellow
4. Research on identity of the fellow you want to trade with i.e don't rely 100% on my list - confirm my list from your little research
List of identified scammers
Unfortunately, I wrote this in haste, and I won't be able to come up with more than few data. You are welcome to add your own lists of identified scammers you have identified (with proof) and I will add it