DP
By Jflex312018 • 11th Mar 2019 • 22 views • 2 comments

It's not just measles: Tetanus, mumps and other vaccine-preventable diseases are still in the US

By Dr. Edith Bracho-Sanchez, CNN

Updated at 12:55 PM ET, Mon March 11, 2019

How vaccines stop diseases like measles 01:26

Editor's Note:Dr. Edith Bracho-Sanchez is a practicing pediatrician and a Stanford and CNN Global Health and Media Fellow.

(CNN) — She walked into the emergency room with an infant in her arms. "My baby, please help my baby," she said between sobs. I followed her into the room and asked what her baby's name was and whether I could hold her.

The child was beautiful -- a tiny, precious, beautiful baby girl. But the minute her mom put her in my arms, I knew that something was very wrong. She could not move her neck. Her shoulders pressed up toward her ears, and she held very still, visibly uncomfortable.

Related Article: Pediatrician: How I partnered with parents who didn't want to vaccinate

I am a calm pediatrician who takes pride in my composure. I would normally ask questions while holding and examining her. Not that day.

"You have a beautiful baby," I said. "I'm going to give her back to you while I grab a few people to help me."

2 Replies | Last update 11th Mar 2019 | Last comment

Requires Login

Make Money

Make Money

Make Money

Make Money

Ad1

Quick View User Earnings

Requires Login Login To View Earnings