DP
By akaalianlubem19 • 12 days ago • 22 views • 4 comments

Jose Mourinho has claimed he hopes to see some English pairings in the quarter-finals of the Champions League. 

The draw for the next round takes place on Friday and will outline which clubs will meet in the last eight and who could potentially face off in the semi-finals and final. 

Mourinho knows from firsthand experience how emotional all-Premier League encounters in Europe can be, having overseen several titanic clashes against Liverpool in the Champions League during his first stint as Chelsea manager, including the semi-finals in 2005 and 2007 respectively. 

“I would like English teams to play against each other, without any kind of preference,” the former Chelsea and United coach told Russian programme RT.

“But I would do two matches between English teams, which would mean two teams would be in the semi-finals. 

“I think if the draw gives something like Manchester City versus Manchester United, or Tottenham against Liverpool, for example, I think they would be absolutely fantastic matches.” 

To read full article - http://v.duta.us/KWAodAAA

Ad1

4 Replies | Last update 12 days ago | Last comment

Requires Login

Ad1

Make Money

Ad1

Ad1

Quick View User Earnings

Requires Login Login To View Earnings