Six Most Surprising Benefits Of Eating Okra
Okra is a flowering plant that vegetable that is also known as ladies' fingers. The scientific name of this plant is Abelmoschus esculentus.
It has got many benefits to the human body as listed below.
1. Good for the brain; Eating okra is believed to help in having a good memory. People who have a low memory are advised to consume a lot of okra to gain their memory.
2. Boosts immunity; Vitamin C anti-oxidants in okra is a good immunity booster. It helps to fight against viruses and diseases in the human body.
3. Heals ulcers; Okra is the best thing for those people suffering from ulcers. Its alkalinity helps in neutralizing the acid in the digestive tract leaving you free from disturbing acid.
4. For beautiful skin; If you have got a rough face full of pimples, consume as much okra as you can. Okra gives you a smooth skin and leaves you looking beautiful and glowing.
5. Helps in constipation; Okra has got digestive benefits because of its high fibre content. The fibre helps in constipation hence helps stool move smoothly in the digestive tract.
6.Healthy eyes; Okra has got vitamin A, which is good for the optic nerve. It can help in reducing cataracts and give one good sight, especially during the night.