DP
By Ejigbo001 • 11th Feb 2019 • 7 views • 1 comments

The Minister of Youth and Sports, Mr . Solomon Dalung, has described Taiwo Ogunjobi as a humble technocrat who dedicated his life to the administration of football in Nigeria . Dalung stated this in a statement signed by Special Assistant , Media, to the minister, Nneka Anibeze, on Monday in Abuja . He said the news of the demise of the former Nigeria Football Federation scribe was shocking . The minister said the sad news was announced by late Chief Ogunjobi ’ s Personal Assistant Tunde Shamsudeen on Monday . Dalung said Ogunjobi reportedly died at the University College Hospital, Ibadan. “ The former Osun State Football Association Chairman was a humble technocrat who dedicated his life to the administration of football in Nigeria . “ I am shocked to hear of Chief Ogunjobi ’ s death . I saw him last year prior to the NFF elections . “ He came to personally inform me of his intent to contest the NFF presidential elections . “ He was a seasoned administrator and had contributed immensely to the development of football in Nigeria , especially in his home state, Osun. “ I commiserate with his immediate family members , the Osun State football Association , and other football stakeholders who knew or worked with him . “ He has left an indelible mark and a vacuum in football administration in the country . May God grant his soul eternal rest and his family, the fortitude to bear this loss. ’’ Ogunjobi ’ s last public appearance was on Wednesday at the Oshogbo Township Stadium during a Week 7 NPFL Southwest derby between Remo Stars and MFM FC . He was a Special Assistant to former Osun State Gov . Rauf Aregbesola , on Football matters . Ogunjobi served as Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Federation from 1996 to 2010 and captained the former IICC Shooting Stars in the late 1970s , winning two continental championships. (NAN )

1 Replies | Last update 11th Feb 2019 | Last comment

Requires Login

Make Money

Make Money

Make Money

Ad1

Quick View User Earnings

Requires Login Login To View Earnings