DP
By rhog • 11th Jan 2019 • 441 views • 80 comments

One question is all you need.

The truth is, most people are not on track to make more money in 2019.

Sure, many people will get promotions and annual raises. But in the big picture, these 3–5% increases don’t amount to more than a couple hundred bucks a month — not exactly a game-changer.

The biggest culprit to this financial stagnation?

Mindset.

In other words:

Most people don’t believe they can earn more money.

Tony Robbins once compared the typical person to an air conditioner. Robbins said that, much like an A/C unit, we’ve all set an internal “temperature” number in our mind. That number is your self-belief. When circumstances rise above or fall below your set number, you automatically begin changing things to return to “normal” — even if your “normal” is mediocre and below-average.

Only a few will recognize how incredible — and dangerous — this truth is. It means that if you’ve settled into your current life, your “temperature,” that’s probably as much as you’ll get. And as Bruce Lee once said:

One will never get any more than he thinks he can get.

Your financial success in 2019 will be determined by this one question:

How Much is a “Lot of Money” to You?

It’s a simple question. Your answer reveals volumes about your earning potential in 2019 — and the rest of your life.

You must be wondering what your answer means about you. Don’t worry, let’s go over that, and talk about how to increase your earning potential by 1x-100x.

Let’s go back to the A/C analogy. Let’s say you answer to that question is 1 million dollars. To you, $1,000,000 is “a lot of money.”

Great. Here’s what that answer means: odds are you’ll probably make far less than 1 million dollars.

Why? Because that number is far above what your mind believes is possible. Most people don’t make “a lot of money.” Typically, only the elite upper class can confidently say they make “a lot of money.”

It all comes back to mindset. Since you’re not used to “making a lot of money” — most people are only used to to earning a “decent” salary at best — making 1 million dollars seems incredibly unlikely, if not impossible.

To your mind will revert to making somewhere below that number. With that mindset, you’ll almost certainly never reach that goal (and forget about exceeding it).

Your answer reveals your earning potential. Sadly, for many people, that earning potential is severely limited.

What You Think is What You Become

“As a man thinketh, so he is. As he continues to think, so he remains.” -James Allen

Most people don’t realize their beliefs determine the rest of their life; what you believe today has real effects on tomorrow. Your income, success, health, and who you ultimately become are based entirely on what you believe will happen.

As Michael Jordan once said:

“You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.”

If you believe you can can, odds are you probably will.

But the opposite is also true — if you know you can’t, you’re probably right.

What you truly, deeply believe is true about yourself and your future is most likely what will happen.

What do you believe?

The problem is, most people don’t have powerful self-belief in themselves. Most people think this is about as good as it gets. For the most part, most people believe the best they can be is merely “good.”

Why? Because it’s easier to stay in mediocrity than undertake the difficult process of upgrading your belief system. It’s easier to relax in “good” instead of busting your ass towards greatness.

If you want to have an incredible, successful life, you need to begin believing success is the only possible option.

“One of the greatest turning points in my life occurred when I stopped casually waiting for success and started to approach it as a duty, obligation, and responsibility.” -Grant Cardone

How to Increase Your Earning Potential By 100x

The solution to increase your earning income by 100x?

Increase your self-belief first.

I know what you’re thinking. That might sound silly and even a bit ridiculous.

But I assure you: if you follow this principle in your life, you will see incredible results most people were never willing to see.

Here’s a personal example:

In my first 4.5 years of writing, I made $40 total. I wrote hundreds of articles and spent thousands of hours on my work…yet I didn’t make enough each month to even buy a McDonald’s hamburger.

It wasn’t until I changed my mindset and increased my self-belief that I saw my income grow.

See, before, I had virtually no self-belief. Looking back, I can see that deep down, I didn’t think I was any good. I didn’t treat myself like a professional because I didn’t believe I was a professional. I believed I was an amateur, and that’s how I acted.

“As a man thinketh, so he is. As he continues to think, so he remains.”

But all that changed last year.

I finally decided to treat myself like a professional. I started investing heavily in myself, buying online courses, coaching, and better writing tools.

My audience saw that self-belief, and flocked to me. As best-selling author James Altucher once wrote:

“The greater your own internal fire is, the more people will want it. They will ignite their own fires. They will try to light up their own dark caves. The universe will bend to you.”

I began earning far more than I ever had before. I was earning more in one monththan I earned in the previous 4.5 years combined.

This might not look the same for you. But the principle is the same:

What you believe is what you become.

If deep down, you don’t think you can earn a lot of income…

You won’t.

Your Ability to Earn Money is Only as Big as Your Mindset

“Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” -Henry Ford

With every thought you think, you plant a seed in your plan that will come to fruition. You reap what you sow.

Sadly, many people are sowing negative, corrupt thoughts. These thoughts — about their relationships, health, ability, success, and income — always come to fruition. What you think is what you get.

And you can’t get oranges from an apple tree.

Here are some common examples of negative thoughts that grow into a mediocre life:

• I could never make that much money.”

• I’d never be able to do that.”

• He’s just smarter than me.”

• She’s just better than me.”

• Don’t rock the boat.”

In his landmark book Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki told a story that caused a powerful mindset shift and led to an explosion of money and income.

In the past, whenever he came across an expensive item, he’d automatically think the phrase, “I can’t afford that.”

Over time, he got sick of this defeatist mindset, always feeling inferior and never having enough. So he tweaked that phrase:

“How can I afford that?”

The first phrase stops all your thinking. It kills all possible momentum and creativity. When you declare, “I can’t afford that,” you signal to your mind that the discussion is over.

But what happens when you ask your mind, “How can I afford that?”

Your mind is an extraordinary tool. Against all odds, it will begin creating solutions and possibilities that you would’ve never imagined.

Sadly, most people don’t allow their mind to ever consider these options. They squash their thinking and creativity before it even begins.

Instead, choose to let your mind find solutions. Plant positive, extraordinary thoughts in your mind, and let your mind grow them into extraordinary solutions.

What you think is what you become.

“What is impressed in the subconscious mind is expressed.” -Joseph Murphy

How Extraordinary People Approach Their Finances

“Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals.” -Jim Rohn

One morning at my old corporate job, I remember walking to the elevator with my nose firmly lodged in Thomas Stanley’s The Millionaire Next Door.

A coworker of mine tapped me on the shoulder, and asked me what I was reading. I showed him it was a personal finance book.

“Is that for school or something?” he asked quizzically.

I shook my head. “Nope. It’s just for me,” I grinned.

He stepped back, impressed. “Wow,” he chuckled. “You don’t really see people doing that.”

I agreed.

Most people are not willing to invest heavily into themselves. They are satisfied with “getting by”.

But this is not how extraordinary people approach their finances. And if you want a world-class life, you need to make the choices of world-class individuals.

“One of the hardest things about wealth-building is to be true to yourself, and to be willing to not go along with the crowd.” -Robert Kiyosaki

Since most people are not on track to make a lot of money — frankly, many people’s definition of that is terribly low and limited — you’d do well to not follow the crowd.

Be a rebel. Be true to yourself.

Don’t go along with the crowd. Choose your own way.

Don’t do what everyone else does. Be extraordinary instead.

This is how extraordinary people approach their finances. They don’t act like everyone else; they spend heavily on become financially literate and knowledgable. They practice self-discipline and going against the crowd (this is what Warren Buffet meant when he said, “Be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy.”)

If you want to see a huge increase of income in 2019 — and beyond — change your mindset. Choose to be extraordinary in your thinking and actions.

In Conclusion

“What you habitually think largely determines what you will become.” -Bruce Lee

Sadly, most people will make about as much in 2019 as they did in 2018, with only marginal increases in pay and financial freedom.

This is largely because of their mediocre mindset; they don’t believe they can make any more. So they don’t. They set a low “internal temperature” and stick to the norm no matter what.

On the other hand, extraordinary people approach their finances and their life very differently. They focus on increasing their mindset and carefully considering the question:

“How much is a lot of money?”

Your answer reveals your mindset, which is an enormous predictor or how much income you’ll earn.

Next year, choose to be extraordinary instead of ordinary.

Source: https://theascent.pub/this-will-upgrade-your-mindset-unlock-earning-potential-allow-you-to-make-millions-dbc831ffce1c?source=user_profile---------6------------------

80 Replies | Last update 11th Jan 2019 | Last comment

Requires Login

Make Money
Make Money

flyer 1 final

Ad1

Quick View User Earnings

Requires Login Login To View Earnings