Burn To Death After Explosion Inside Their House In Edo
A woman has been reportedly burnt to death after an explosion was recorded inside their home in Edo state.
According to a report by Punch Metro, a black market petrol trader at Igbogor in Ovia South West Local Government Area of Edo state, Mary Agada, was burnt to death by an explosion reportedly caused by petrol in her home.
An eyewitness said the 20-year old woman was with her husband, Amend Agada, in the kitchen when the incident happened.
The husband, however, escaped as he quickly jumped out of their wooden house but his wife had already been engulfed by the raging inferno.
It was reported that he tried to rescue her but was prevented by the blazing fire and watched helplessly as his wife cried in agony till she died.
But another eye witness said she kept fuel in her kitchen and was pouring fuel to sell to a customer when the fire started.
Her body was later removed from the ruins of the fire and placed in a casket for burial at her home town in Benue State.
Edo spokesman, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor, said he was yet to be briefed on the incident as of the time of filing this report.