Man rescued after 62-hours under collapsed building in India
- A trapped man has been rescued from a collapsed building in India
- The man was rescued by emergency workers 62 hours after the building collapsed
- Aide workers however rushed the rescued man to the hospital from the scene of the incident
A man trapped under the debris of a collapsed building that killed at least 17 people has been rescued after more than 62 hours under the building, Straits Times reports.
The man, yet to be identified, was said to have been rescued on Friday, March 22, while emergency workers were searching for 10 more people four days after a five-storey building in southern Karnataka state caved in.
Report also said that the man who had no visible injuries and was hugged by members of the rescue team before he walked away and was rushed to a nearby hospital.
It was also gathered that 54 people have been rescued alive by a team of about 400 people who have been on the scene since the tragedy took place on Tuesday.
Officials said all those rescued have been moved to the hospital while five people have were already arrested following the incident.
Also, Indian police said it has charged the owner of the construction company - one of the five arrested - with manslaughter.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a second building reportedly collapsed in Lagos on Monday, March 18, barely a week after a similar incident occurred that led to the death of some school children, but the government denied the incident.
Multiple sources say four people were rescued in the recent incident.
The collapsed building is located at 57 Egerton Square, Oke Arin, Lagos Island.