Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview
Now, Before listing the and farther discussing the 10 basic essentials of a telephonic or a phone job interview, Like onegoodhead does, We all already know that phone interviews are a lot tough to face and crack. All you got is your voice and words, most of the phone interviews last to about 30-45 minutes where mostly you would be speaking to the interviewer.
Be online/available at least 10 minutes prior to the call. have fun, don’t be timid. It shows off during interview. Visualize that you are actually speaking in the eye of the interviewer… have conversations. joke around but to the extent. Feel the air, Make sure your phone battery is considerably charged to take you through the session of the interview.
1. Get dressed as if going to an in-person Interview. Why? It creates professional attitude and mindset.
2. Don’t slouch on the couch. Chair and table/desk or stand and pace. Standing promotes voice projection.
3. Quiet room; no interruptions.
4. Wear earphones or pods to eliminate background noise.
5. Silence all other notifications on your phone and laptop (if open).
6. Laptop, pen and paper, and a copy of your CV/Resume. (See how to ready your CV on onegoodhead.com)
7. Have written prompts ready, especially for the questions that you wish to ask.
8. Answer the phone correctly. eg. “Good morning/afternoon. This is FULL NAME speaking.”
9. If it’s a phone panel interview, you need to attach voice to name very quickly. Write the names down and use them when you address each interviewer.(Ask competency based questions and make the interviewee relax please)
10. Thank the interviewer(s) for their time at the end of the call. Send a follow-up “Thank you” email with 6-8 hours or a day following the interview. (That’s when you come to know the real attitude & response of the recruiter or HR.)
Hiring managers do look out for Leaders who can go above and beyond, just like when you buy any service you would try to get the best your budget permits.
All other interview protocol and prep as stated below applies
Read more: https://onegoodhead.com/tips-successfully-phone-job-interviews/